Tuesday, July 28, 2015

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han


Published: May 2015
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 337
Copy Provided by: Borrowed
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:
Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.

Review:
There was something completely refreshing about P.S. I love you, Book #1 so I just had to dive into Book #2.  Lara Jean is so oblivious to subtle nuances in love but in the same respect, her innocence is so nice to see.  I thought that some characters from Book #1 would come back into her life again (Josh) and was surprised when he didn't.  Instead another old flame surfaces and getting in touch with him makes her question love all over again.

One of the things I like about this series is how Jenny Han talks about Korean culture during Chinese New Year.  We always hear about Chinese New Year and how it is celebrated in Chinese culture but I don't often hear of the traditions exercised in other Asian cultures.  

I like the way this series ended. There was no need for a third book and I was more than satisfied with how things evolved.  It was a heart-warming, feel good read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment