Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday - Strike by Delilah S Dawson





Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine,  that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating or books that are in our TBR pile.  This week’s “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is


Summary (by Goodreads)

The hit list was just the beginning.

Time to strike back.

After faking her own death to escape her term as an indentured assassin for Valor Savings Bank, Patsy is on the run with her boyfriend, Wyatt. All she wants to do is go home, but that’s never going to happen—not as long as Valor’s out to get her and the people she loves.

Left with no good choices, Patsy’s only option is to meet with a mysterious group that calls itself the Citizens for Freedom.

Led by the charismatic Leon Crane, the CFF seem like just what Patsy has been looking for. Leon promises that if she joins, she’ll finally get revenge on Valor for everything they’ve done to her—and for everything they’ve made her do.

But Patsy knows the CFF has a few secrets of their own. One thing is certain: they’ll do absolutely anything to complete their mission, no matter who’s standing in their way. Even if it’s Patsy herself.

Strike is #2 in The Hit series by Delilah S Dawson. I have read Hit and it was a little crazy.  Imagine being forced to be an assassin to save your own mother?  And you are a teenager...alone...
I like how this author took a chance with an idea that was so ludicrous and made it believable.  I mean, what if a country was so in debt that a bank took it over and started a more brutal way of collecting debts?  Pay up with your money or your life? Strike is a continuation of this series and it seems that Patsy is more involved in her Hit list than she realized.  I'll be putting this book on my TBR list....
- Christinabean

2 comments:

  1. I got an advanced copy of this one and already reviewed it. I thought it was a bit better than Hit, at least I liked Patsy better....It's also very action packed. If you liked Hit, you should read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annette! So great to hear you liked Patsy better. Towards the end of Hit, I wanted to put her on my list. :P Your comments will make me re-consider how high book #2 goes on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete